cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Temporarily Locked out - for 10 days????

Hello, I apologize in advance if this has already featured in discussion! I have had a paid BT mail account, now called Premium Mail, for nearly 20 years now, which I use with Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 laptop. The account has generally been fairly reliable but on Thursday 13 06 2024 at some point in the evening (I had been sending and receiving mail all day) it decided to ask me to log in and then would not accept my password, which has been the same for some time. I tried to get into the webmail account but failed on this. My username and password are saved so I do not have to retype them. Usually I just click OK when the logon box comes up and it automatically lets me in with the saved credentials.  This was annoying enough but there have been server blips from time to time so I reckoned it might get over it by morning, but no.  Now I immediately get the red "Your account is temporarily locked try again in 20 minutes"  warning.

What is even more annoying is that I use the same username (my bt email address) for my Amazon Prime account, with another password, and Amazon now tells my my password is wrong which it most definitely is not.

I tried to get into my BT account online but that also failed so I tried resetting the password. Bad idea - wanted to know the name of my first boss (40 odd years ago?) which I don't actually remember giving as a Memorable name in any case, and the recorded mobile number is changed as well so no good trying that. I can still get into my husband's BT account (for the landline phone bill) !

Fortunately I have free gmail and aol accounts which I can use but that's not the point. Can anyone help ?

Heather

Tags (1)
0 Ratings