cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

www.bt.com redirected you too many times.

Good evening, 

can not log into my webmail account as keep getting the following. Have deleted cookies, cache and everything I can think of. Help and advice very much appreciated

This page isn’t working

www.bt.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: www.bt.com redirected you too many times.

Strange - a family member has just WhatsApp'd me to ask for help with the same error. I've gone through the clearing out process but it still doesn't work. Strangely, it works fine on their iPad so I'd be interested to know if anyone comes up with a solution. I've guided them through the clearing out procedures in both Chrome and Edge and both still come up with this error.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

Have had this exact problem today.

Did manage to speak to a BT engineer. He couldn't account for it but suggested I try a different browser (i.e. other than Edge).

Tried Opera and it worked! Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

I can see why they suggested that but I feel that it should work in one or both of Chrome & Edge as they are probably the two most commonly used Windows browsers. I don't really want to lumber the poor woman with more than 2 browsers just to get hold of her email.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Same error for me... but works fine through Google. So looks like latest version of Edge has caused the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

I had the same problem this morning,using Edge & Firefox.I tried putting bt.com in search which took me to the bt main page ,clicked email & the got the page to enter my em address & password & got to my email page.obviously only a work around but worth trying if you are stuck.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

For my sins, I work in IT and it would be very odd for updates made to Edge AND Chrome to cause such an issue 'in one go'. I've never seen such a thing in over 35 years.

My plan of attack for Chrome (checking the problem after each step) will be to re-dump all the cookies/caches, disable any extensions, install an extension I use personally to clear the IndexedDB data out of the user profile, test Incognito mode, and if all else fails export the bookmarks before using a powerful uninstaller to remove all traces of Chrome and then install afresh.

If none of that works I think I'll get a priest in to perform an exorcism!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Why do I keep getting a server outage message when searching email

I am unable to search emails at all, and keep getting the server outage message.

It is the same using multiple devices and the same on app and web. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and the same happens.

This is beyond frustrating and renders the service useless in my view.

I saw a mention elsewhere about clear the cache. I assume this means the app not the device and if so I can’t see anywhere to perform this function in the bt app settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

Email account locked, unable to change password

Hi,

I received an email telling me that my wife's email address has been locked due to suspicious activity.  When I go thorugh the resecure account process and try to update her password, it keeps failing and says to try later.  Can you help before please before I incur the wife's wrath!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Cannot log in to email

I get an error  message  -  

This page isn’t working

www.bt.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
0 Ratings