cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

'Tick' remains after an action

After I have read an email and returned to the inbox that email has a tick in the action box. This means that if I then accidentally hit one of the actions - say, 'reply' - then the reply page is opened. Similarly, if I delete an email then the next email in the inbox  has a tick,  with the same problem about accidental action. Each time I have to 'untick' the item.

Is anyone else seeing this and is it part of the new design?? It is very irritating.

Thanks - Roy Simpson

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 'Tick' remains after an action

The tick in the box after you have read the email can not be changed, it appears to be a "feature" of the new changes.

The tick in the box after you move or delete an email can be changed. Go to "settings" that you will find by clicking on your username at the top right then go to "Mail" in the left hand column and untick the box "View next mail after delete/move".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I do not use  a preview layout so had not seen the effect of the tick after move/delete, so many thanks for the information.

The new 'feature' seems a backward step with no obvious benefit!

best wishe s- Roy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for this - really helpful as I've found this truly annoying - clearly after you delete a string of mails you do not want to delete the next one - extremely unfriendly.  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for this - this was my second most frustrating thing about the recent "upgrade".  The most frustrating thing is the sensitivity (lack of tolerance) around the tick-box itself.  If you accidentally click just outside (or, it seems, on the border of the box, the software defaults to opening the email itself - then when your return to the inbox, all your previously ticked items have been unticked.  This is hugely annoying when, like me, you have at least thirty unwanted emails to delete every day. Do you have any suggestions - or any knowledge of how I can raise this with BT themselves.

I can't even work out how to add a new post without it being a reply.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@PeterSW15 

There is nothing you can do as regards your the email opening if you click just out side the box. It would be better if you had to double click to open an email but there is no option to change to that.

You could try posting the "problem" on this thread

BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release) - BT Community

but I would not hold your breath waiting for it to be changed.

See the following link regarding using the forum.

Forum Help - BT Community

0 Ratings