cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 40

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

Please tell me what is unhelpful about recommending a solution to your problems. I will be interested to hear.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 40

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

If you don't know, I'm sorry, I can't help you. Is there anybody else I can communicate with? I don't want you to write to me again. Thank you! (not)
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 40

You can communicate with who you like, this is a public forum and I'm just another customer who is free to post helpful advice which folks seem reluctant to try for some reason.

You have no idea how frustrating it is seeing people struggling with a totally hopeless interface when there is a free solution to overcome the problems that takes a few minutes to implement with no technical knowledge required.

Those who have adopted my recommendation are grateful for the advice.

Message 14 of 40

@bobhobley wrote:
Thank you that is very (un)helpful!
How about giving a more positive reply instead of being so aggressive?

Can you point out how the reply you were given was "aggressive"  and "(un)helpful!" as I can not see any aggression in the very helpful reply that you were given so I must be missing something.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 40

Yes, you are, and still are!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 40

@bobhobley wrote:
Yes, you are, and still are!

I have no idea what you are saying so I will leave you to try and find a solution to what ever your problem is!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 40

Hi distinguished sage, I have same problem of text  jumping. I'm afraid we are not all techy, and wouldn't know how to use an email client, rather than BT without more explanation. I suppose we could Google it . Perhaps Outlook would work. It may be already on my computer. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 40

Just go to https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/ and download the appropriate version for your computer, run the downloaded file, enter your email address and password when prompted, accept the default IMAP and that's all there is to it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 40

Thanks. May try it. Tried Outlook but ad emails seem to arrive every few minute which doesn't happen in BT. thought it was just me leaning on some key by mistake so glad to hear others have cursor moving problem.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 40

I am getting a number of the same or similar faults

The text sometimes moves at random when I am typing, sometimes to the start, sometimes partway through what I  have already typed.

The size of the text changes to smaller

Extra blank lines are introduced ( just  as is happening now in this message ! )

When I try to type a line of ---------------, I get a lot of 'funny' blank lines

Sometimes when I reply to an email it is sent to me !

0 Ratings