cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 40

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

@DISRUPTED 

I'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question posted by @licquorice and he knows full well what you have posted but you missed out that it also gives full control of the user interface to the ISP and that they can also generate revenue from the placing of adverts.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 40

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

Still not fixed - happens to me all the time.

Any hope BT? Surely once in a while they must look at this forum.  We are paying for the service after all

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 40

The original post about the cursor moving and font changing was March 2024. It is now September and it is still happening. No fix in 6 months? Does anyone know where BT is with this? It's driving me mad!

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 40

A further update was due a few months ago but so far it has never materialised however a request as per this thread

Webmail Update - Release Date? - BT Community

for any update on when the update to update the update has be sought so hopefully this will happen at some point.

Meanwhile I would suggest that you install an email client/app such as the free Thunderbird email client on to your PC/Laptop and use that. If you do that all the problems you have/are having with "new" BTMail user interface will disappear.

If you already use an email app on a mobile device you will know the benefits of an email client as against a web browser to access your BTMail.  

Message 35 of 40

" install an email client/app... and use that.  ...all the problems you have...will disappear. "

Welcome to another in the series of "Broken Britain" threads.

Press 1 to listen to an alternative message

Press 2 to join an indeterminate queue

Press 3 to listen to an never ending worn-out musak tape loop

Press 4 to be connected to overflowing voice mail box

Press 5 to to be automatically disconnected after a random wait

Press 6 for silence

Press 7 to be mis-directed

Press 8 to give up

Press 9 to hear this message again

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 40

i had same situation- Jake support team fixed it simple- Log into your BT Mail account.
Click on View in the menu bar at the right-hand side near the top.
Single click Conversation View to toggle it on or off which should turn it from purple which is on to black which is off.

i can also view all historic emails easier now in inbox

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 40

Thanks, I've had a look and Conversation view is already off (in black). I may have to use another email programme as has been suggested by others, but I'm not very tech savvy so a bit worried about doing that. I can't understand why BT can't just get it to work!

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 40

try again, log back in, and reset it, again mine played up again, but when logging back in and turning it off, it worked. so you may need to try a few times, good luck

Message 39 of 40

I will! Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Message 40 of 40

@MarkSTwrote:

i had same situation- Jake support team fixed it simple- Log into your BT Mail account.
Click on View in the menu bar at the right-hand side near the top.
Single click Conversation View to toggle it on or off which should turn it from purple which is on to black which is off.

So where's the connection between the issue and this view option? Jake?

0 Ratings