cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 49

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

A little bit of help!  Under your address, on the mail page,  click the down arrow and you get "Settings".  under "Email " (or "drafts"- Iforget) you can set the interval to save the draft up to 5 minutes. (The default is one minute).  This is what is happening - cursor moves to top every time the the draft is saved.  At least every 5 minutes is better than one minute!

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 49

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

Thank you for your tip and a good explanation of why this is happening, it has been driving me mad for a long time.  I have followed your suggestion and let hope it improves composing an email.

Would you have any idea why my composed emails go into Draft rather than being automatically sent?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 49

I think what happens is:  if it saves the draft just before you send the email, a copy will go into Drafts, but the email is then sent when you click Send.  I've checked a bit and I find that a draft has been saved on an email without the closing with my name at the bottom, but the completed email is in Sent.  Have a look and see if that's what is happening for you.    Cheers, Judith 

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 49

Thank you Judith, I'll have a look at that.

Linda

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 49

"Because, if it isn't wholly obvious, the point of webmail is the ability to access mail anywhere, at any time, on whatever terminal is available."

That's a valid point but surely it is better and more convenient to use your mobile phone to access email when away from home or office base? Why would you want to risk your email security by accessing it on a terminal and web browser you have no control over?
Mobile phones come with email clients already installed, and when setting up a new phone, they walk you through setting up your email on these.
Message 46 of 49

@chrisjpwrote:
 but surely it is better and more convenient to use your mobile phone to access email when away from home or office base?

You are making the assumption that the concerned party a) has a "mobile phone", b) it's a smartphone, c) it's accessable, d) it's functional, e) there is adequate signal, f) the user is happy to pay the roaming charges and suchlike, where applicable, g) they like using a tiny screen and dinky 'keyboard', h) they are not physically or visually impaired, i) they have 'data' available, or, j) it hasn't been and won't be lost or stolen.

And in respect of an integrated email client, the party is set up for IMAP not POP.

Excuse me if that's stretching your imagination... 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 49

Thanks, DISRUPTED, for championing those of us who aren't glued to Smartphones!
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 49

Thanks jgandjr. This has made the problem easier to live with, but I despair of BT.  I reported the problem again. A guy from their email tech team phoned me back on my MOBILE and then said. "I need to send you a security code to your MOBILE for security reasons. He couldn't see the irony of sending the code to the phone that we were actually ready speaking on! Oh, and of course he had nothing to tell me other than that BT is working on it. 

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 49

@DISRUPTED wrote:

@chrisjpwrote:
 but surely it is better and more convenient to use your mobile phone to access email when away from home or office base?

You are making the assumption that the concerned party a) has a "mobile phone", b) it's a smartphone, c) it's accessable, d) it's functional, e) there is adequate signal, f) the user is happy to pay the roaming charges and suchlike, where applicable, g) they like using a tiny screen and dinky 'keyboard', h) they are not physically or visually impaired, i) they have 'data' available, or, j) it hasn't been and won't be lost or stolen.

And in respect of an integrated email client, the party is set up for IMAP not POP.

Excuse me if that's stretching your imagination... 🙂

You are making the assumption that the concerned party a) has a PC or Laptop, b) & c) it's accessible, d) it's not been hacked and is functional, e) there is adequate wif signal or can connect to the Internet, f)& g)the user is happy to use some other person device if they are not using their home device. h) they are not physically or visually impaired, i) they have a functioning webmail account or, j) it hasn't been and won't be lost or stolen particularly if a laptop or if your house is broken into .

And in respect of an integrated email client, the party is not set up for IMAP or POP  It is the users choice when setting up a decent email client/app.

Excuse me for stretching your imagination.