cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

URGENT: unable to access btinternet email, verification stuck in loop.

Hello

I’m using the above email service hosted by yahoo it would seem (@btinternet.com) and whenever I try to login, it tells me I’ve been sent a code to the email I’ve tried to log into but unfortunately I can’t log in to get the code to login so can’t actually log in. I have a few critical accounts linked to that email account that I receive emails for  and it’s causing a headache not being able to log in. 

Can anyone advise what to do?

I’ve had this problem before and unfortunately I’ll likely be moving all accounts to a new email  as I can’t be bothered having to deal with this problem again. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: URGENT: unable to access btinternet email, verification stuck in loop.

Hi, @weegie247 welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email. I'd recommend resetting your password using this link. Don't choose the option to get a pin code via text or email and it will bring you to the security questions associated with your email address.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hello!

Apologies on the late reply to this - I completely meant to follow this up.

My dad is the primary account holder and despite him letting me know the security question answers, I couldnt progress further. 

He reckons, after speaking with him, that he will likely be able to see my email in some kind of control panel via BT. I'm a bit confused, albeit i recognise its a security feature, that I am paying for my email account yet still have to jump through these hoops with the questions he set. 

Anyways - I really appreciate your help. Do you have any particular instructions i can relay to my dad who is the primary account holder? He set up me and my brother with email address when we were much younger via whichever feature BT provide him with. 

Thanks,

Ben

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @weegie247

Thanks for posting back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having logging into the mailbox and resetting the password.  We'll need to pick up from here in order to get to the bottom of this.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings