cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to send an email to a group of contacts

Go to solution

Hi.  I've just recently been having an issue when I try to send an email to a group of contacts.  I email this group often throughout the day, and it was fine yesterday/this morning, but when I've tried this evening (UK time), I get the following error:

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (66944170053643A0)

How can this be fixed so I can send my email(s)?  It's a BT Openworld account that I've had for years, and this is the first time I've had this issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to send an email to a group of contacts

Go to solution

Hi @JasonS 

Welcome to the community. We'll do our best to help you. 🙂

How many recipients are in the group that you're sending the email to? Are you using the BT Email site?
Chris

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hello @Christopher_G There are 29 names in the group, and yes, I'm using the site you've linked to.

I've been sending emails to this group for several years now, and all of a sudden I'm having this issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Christopher_G - I've just sent the exact same email (including the same subject line) just to myself, and it went with no issues.  Does that suggest one of the email addresses of the other recipients is somehow triggering the error?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

OK, thanks @JasonS 

Could you take a look at this Best Practice for BT Email help page? There are some things to check on there to make sure your email isn't mistakenly marked as a spam message.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@ Christopher_G - thank you very much for your replies and links in the last response.

I think it was down to the subject of the email, rather than the contacts it was going to.  Without giving away personal data, the subject line was in the format NAME REF XXX YYY where NAME was someone's name (first and surnamme), REF was a six-digit reference number, XXX was a code for country, and YYY was another specific code.

I changed this to a more generic title, and it went through with no issue.  Very odd, as I've sent hundreds, if not thousands of emails with this subject format over the years!

Thank you again for your help - much appreicated.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

It is strange that similar emails have gone through successfully previously, @JasonS 

You're welcome. Glad you managed to get to the bottom of it. 🙂

Chris