cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Using BT email and no other BT services?

Go to solution

I'm looking to cancel my landline (only service I use) with BT but concerned I may loose or have issues with our x2 BT email addresses. I know we can pay for just email addresses but read some stories of issues with this setup and degradation of email access and service.

Appreciate any comments or experiences.  Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using BT email and no other BT services?

Go to solution

You can have the free email service known as BTMail Basic, which you might already be using. It can only be used with a web browser and can not be used with an email client/app and it will contain some adverts. 

You could pay for BTMail Premium which costs £7.50 per month. This can be used with either a web browser or with an email client/app such as those you get on a mobile phone.

If you already only use your email by using a web browser you would notice little if any difference between either of those products other than the adverts with BTMail Basic.

See link.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you... so looks like if I cut to premium my emails service and apple devices connectivity should remain the same?  

Great trepidation in doing this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you are using an email client/app on your Apple devices you would need to change to BTMail Premium in order to be able to continue using the email client/apps.

Other than paying a £7.50 bill each month you will notice no difference from how you use it now and there is nothing you need do to or change in order to keep it working the way it is.

0 Ratings