cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Using Outlook, getting all sent mails returned as undeliverable (550)

Hi,

This just started today, every mail I try to send through Outlook is being returned with the following message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    Test

Sent: 13/09/2021 11:38

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'email address of recipient (edited out)' on 13/09/2021 11:38

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-1-2) ID (613A8DE80072EB84)

I have checked all my settings which seem fine, I can send mail through webmail. Everything was working fine on Friday, I rarely send emails to more then 1 recipient, the mail does not contain any links or attachments. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Using Outlook, getting all sent mails returned as undeliverable (550)

Hi @Noggin,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your having problems sending email through Outlook. Are you using a VPN and if so can you try turning the off?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Paddy, no I am not using a VPN.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@PaddyB  Just for further info, bounced emails are appearing in my 'Sent items', I am receiving mail with no problems, the send/receive sign in details are same for sending/receiving via SMTP on port 465. Below was sent a few minutes ago:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    Test 10

Sent: 14/09/2021 10:58

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'***********@btinternet.com' on 14/09/2021 10:58

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-1-2) ID (6139417C00BBA213)

I am not using a VPN as stated above. I also cannot send from my mobile phone but webmail is working fine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Noggin,

Thank you for replying with at information. If you send me your details, I'll get the email team to investigate.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium Email account?

Message 7 of 8

I'm a fully paid up BT customer and have been for many, many years 😁

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

That's fine. It was to rule out if you had been neither your email account would have been "downgraded" to the BT Basic Email which can only be used via webmail and not on an email client such as Outlook.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

0 Ratings