cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Windows 10 Mail client compatibility

Using native Windows 10 Mail client via IMAP unable to Import BT Mail contacts.  Also no option to sync contacts.

Am I doing something wrong or is this another limitation of this BT Mail server?

Seems Windows 10 Mail client is quite happy handling Contacts from Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo and Office 365. So not a Mail client issue but a server service missing, or I don't know how to enable it!

Jon

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows 10 Mail client compatibility

Log onto your BTMail account and click on "Contacts" in the menu bar then go to "More" and click "Export contacts". Follow the prompts then open your email client and import the contacts into that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi gg30340

Windows 10 standard Mail Client doesn't have a Contacts Import feature that I can find.  Also I would like a dynamic contacts update as contacts are added, just as I could with my BT Yahoo Mail.  I am assuming this is just not possible with BTMail system?

Jon

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It would appear to be a failing with the W10 email client.  As far as I am aware all the usual email clients that work on W10 such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc have the facility to "Import" contacts that have been "Exported" from a webmail service however the W10 email app apparently does not allow it to happen directly.

See link.

How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL? - Microsoft Community

As regards your contacts being synchronised with the W10 email client and BTMail. As I do not use the W10 email client so I can not offer tried and tested advice but I did find this during an Internet search:- "Check to make sure that contact sync is enabled. Open the Mail app, and click on the Settings cog. Go to Manage Account and select the account you need to check. From the Account Settings page, click on "Change mailbox sync settings". You should see a page with Sync Options toggles for email, calendar and contacts. Ensure that contacts is toggled on. Save and exit". 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the link on Import, I will give that a try.

As for the Contact Sync enabled issue.  The option doesn't appear in the Mail Client settings for BT Mail (it does for my MS-365 Mail and outlook.com).  I am assuming  the BT Mail server didn't announce the capability via IMAP so the option is not visible.

0 Ratings