cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Windows 11 mail app

Go to solution

I use the mail app in Windows 11.  Until recently this was working well with my BT address.  Now it will not synchronise.  I can view emails using the BT website but they are not coming into the app.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Windows 11 mail app

Go to solution

When you say it will not synchronise do you mean it would not replicate what is on BT webmail, ie send an email on the app and it does not show on webmail or are you unable to send and receive using the mail app?

Have you checked the settings are as per this link?

What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help

Is your email app set up as an IMAP or POP3 account? If you want it to synchronise with the BT webmail it needs to be set up as an IMAP account.

If you have done  the above and it still does not work, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the email app?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I didn't explain the problem too well.  I tried to check my email using the Windows 11 email app.  I noticed that it was not showing emails which I had already seen on my Android phone.  I tried to synchronise and it told me that the last update of emails was two days ago.  I tried today and it told me three days.  

I delete the BT email account and tried to reinstall it.  I got the error mess 0x80004005.  I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it.  I then tried to add the BT account and got the same error.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

The Windows mail app does tend to be problematic. Try installing Mozilla Thunderbird and see if that gives the same problems. Ensure you are using the settings here 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I can access my BT email account using Outlook on my laptop and the Outlook app on my Android phone - sending and receiving.  I now think the issue is with the Mail app and will have to wait till an update fixes it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Or simply use another app.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Try telling that to a wife who has just become comfortable using the Mail app after many years avoiding email.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

You might have a sticky registry key arising from when you uninstalled the app.

Try uninstalling it again and restart your machine (there's no such thing as too many restarts with Windows registry problems), then download the free version of CCleaner, do a registry clean, restart your machine again and re-install the mail app

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I tried that a few minutes ago.  Still the same error message 0x80004005.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

The only other thing I can think of is to do a fresh install of Windows, this is not quite as drastic as it sounds as one of the options should allow you to keep your documents but you will probably will lose any programmes that are not part of Windows and hence you will need the installation media for them to enable you to re-install them.

0 Ratings