cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

You have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your screen

BT webmail is effectively non-functional at teh moment.

This error message appears and prevents view of ANY webmail message, whether freshly logged-on or not. One can highlight and delete a message, but nothing useful.

The version I'm seeing is v2.29.1 and though I haven't been paying close attention to this, the last time I noticed version it was 2.17.1

I surmise BT have releassed a webmail update without proper regression testing and this has screwed things up....again.  Just when the 'Unexpected error' error had been fixed - I thought it too good to be true.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: You have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your ...

Hi @Thersites welcome back to the community, I'm sorry you're getting that error when using BT email.

Do you have more than one session of BT email open at the same time? 

When did that message start happening? V2.29.1 has been in place for over 3 weeks now and I haven't seen any similar reports of this issue from other customers. I'd recommend that you try clearing your browser's cookies and cache. Post back and let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: You have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your ...

Thank You Neil for noticing this, and for your swift reply - in fact for replying at all.  Would that previous messages I have sent asking questions about the lamentable development pace of BTwebmail had been similarly attended to.

The problem has gone.  I wasn't running 2 sessions/tabs - I have come acrosss this before.  And I deleted BT cookies and webmail cache and rebooted the machine before making the original post.  So I can't tell what was different when I returned to the same tab I had left open one hour later, and the message no longer appeared.  I don't think we can draw a definite conclusion about its cause or remedy from this, but I'm pleased it has gone.

Do you have knowledge of what is on the development path at the moment and whether the user requirements team has recognised the need for us to have more tools to manage:

1. Large accounts (it is ludicrous to only be able to highlight and move/delete/otherwise act upon only 50 messages at a time in an account holding >10,000); and
  2. White/blacklists (It is similarly mad to offer the possibility of blacklisting a huge number of addresses, with only the ability to scroll through them, and not the facility to search among).  How else will I discover if a@b.com is blacklisted?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Thersites no problem, I'm glad it appears to have resolved itself. If you experience this error again please do post back and we can report a fault to our email team for further investigations.

I'm not privy to the development path of the BT email service and this information is generally not made public. The email team do take an interest in the feedback and customer sentiment that's raised on the community and I will highlight your post to them.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings