cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

cant find my older emails?

I have folders that automatically group emails from certain senders and found that they were blank when looking for an important email. BT Tech Support advised that you cannot see emails older than 5 years but when was this procedure brought in?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cannot View my Emails earlier than June 2016

i am having the same exact problem with my email account too. i am unable to see my emails earlier than 2018. dont know whats hapening.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: cant find my older emails?

@andrewG2 wrote:

I have folders that automatically group emails from certain senders and found that they were blank when looking for an important email. BT Tech Support advised that you cannot see emails older than 5 years but when was this procedure brought in?

Were you advised that as well or was it the OP of the other thread that you posted on because it is a load of rubbish.

I have emails in folders dating back to 2006 and they are all there.

How do you access your emails, is it using a web browser or with an email client/app?

Have you checked by logging onto your BTMail account directly using a web browser?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Well, you're lucky then. 

BT Support advised that emails older than 6 years are unavailable and even logging in to BT Mail via their own website system shows exactly the same issue  - nothing older than 6 years ago!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@Spontin wrote:

Well, you're lucky then. 

BT Support advised that emails older than 6 years are unavailable and even logging in to BT Mail via their own website system shows exactly the same issue  - nothing older than 6 years ago!!

Luck has nothing to do with it. BTMail is supplied with unlimited storage and there is no time limit on how long your emails are kept as long as you are using the email account on a frequent basis.

There is nothing in BT's Terms and Conditions stating emails will be deleted after six years.

See Terms and Conditions.

Email terms and conditions (bt.com)

However just to make certain I have asked the moderators to comment on what you have been told because as far as I am concerned the BT Customer Support rep is giving out incorrect information. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for looking to raise this upwards. 
I checked the T&Cs before I spoke to the BT Support line and relayed the same terms as you’ve just mentioned. However this seemed to make no impact and the contact didn’t seem to be aware of any of this. 
I had the feeling that whoever I was speaking to was a 3rd party contractor who referred to “BT” and not “we or us”. A feeling of “washing my hands of the issue”. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I have emails back to 2005 if I access via Web Mail rather than  client email program.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

I am still awaiting a reply from the moderators regarding the information supplied by the Customer Service reps. Hopefully they will respond by posting on the thread sometime soon.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi Everyone, As far as I am aware there is no time limit on how long your emails will stay on the BT servers. I believe the information provided by the helpdesk is incorrect and I'm really sorry about that. I'll highlight this thread to the email team to bring it to their attention.

Thanks

Neil

Message 10 of 12

Thanks for that input.

Will this action be able to restore my missing emails which is the key point to this thread?

Steve Pontin

0 Ratings