cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

email stopped working

Go to solution

For some strange reason this week my wifes BT emails have stopped coming into her inbox. she has not changed any setting in her android phone.

I have spoken to BT and they don't recognise her email address though it is a @btinternet.com suffix  & she has had the email address for about 20 years.

can anyone shed any light on this issue?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: email stopped working

Go to solution

Are you/your wife a current BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

Has she checked to see if her email account is working when she uses a web browser (webmail) to access it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: email stopped working

Go to solution

Hiya. Thank you for your help. My wife’s email account is paid for through a BT premium account. Interestingly even though I pay monthly for the account BT could only find my own email address linked to the account. 
which poses the question - how is my wife’s email account being paid for. She doesn’t have any financial dealings with BT. She has had her email account which is @btinternet.com for over 20 years?

Anyway, I contacted BT customer services twice. The first time a young lady had no idea as to how to resolve the problem. A second call to a more experienced customer service contact had the problem sorted out in 10 minutes. Hey presto one happy wife!!

Thank you for your interest in my problem. 
steve. 

0 Ratings