cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

gibberish arriving making the sent text unreadable

Go to solution

In BT Mail and Firefox , there is lots of gibberish arriving making the sent text unreadable, help please      

This is what I typed in the email I sent

“Roald Amundsen was a Norwegian explorer who led the first expedition to  the South Pole in 1911 . He reached the North Pole in 1926”

Below is what arrived and shows in the sent tab

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB"> mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">Roald Amundsen was a "Times New Roman";color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;text-decoration:
none;text-underline:no...
mso-fareast-language:EN-GB"> mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:
EN-GB;text-decoratio...
"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB"> who led the first "Times New Roman";color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;text-decoration:
mso-fareast-language:EN-GB"> to the "Times New Roman";color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;text-decoration:
mso-fareast-language:EN-GB"> in 1911 . He reached the North Pole in 1926.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: gibberish arriving making the sent text unreadable

Go to solution

Hi, @editman have you tried using an alternative browser? It looks like the code in the links has caused problems, I've just tested that using your text in my own BT email account using both Edge and Chrome and it arrived without any issues.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, the answer to my problem was to change the format of my Word docs  from Rich to Plain text

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @editman thanks for updating the thread with your solution. 

Neil

0 Ratings