cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

protected email account

Hello BT community  I have an account for broadband which has recently switched to fibre on a new contract now EE.

We have BT email  and have several emails addresses within that  account.  Recently I have received regular messages from BT to tell me they have protected one particular email address as someone has tried to access it without my permission.  Its happening on a weekly basis and I have to use an access code and then change my password 

I use this particular email address to send out weekly emails to members of a bike club we belong to. We have around 300 members and I send the emails bcc in alphabetical groups.  To change the email account name would be a lot of work but having to change the password weekly is driving me mad. 

Does anyone have any suggestions please 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: protected email account

Not much you can do really. Obviously somebody is either accidentally or deliberately trying to access that address.

As an aside, for that number of recipients I suggest you perhaps look into using something like Mail Chimp rather than using a flaky consumer email system.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: protected email account

If you are BCC your email address that you are sending from in the mailing list try removing it.

0 Ratings