cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

unable to use Btinternet email

Since about 9.30am this morning I've been unable to use my Btinternet.com mail address. When trying to access my email via the website I get a message that there is a problem and please try later. I've tried changing my email password to see if that will help, but receive a message saying there is a problem and it cannot be done right now. Any ideas what the fix is?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: unable to use Btinternet email

Yes. Do as it suggested and try later. 

Message 3 of 7

me too 2nd time this week, a refund from BT???

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Convinced the letters `bt` stand for `bloody tortuous`. Unable to access email, Access details, says a/c is `standard` but think it should be `basic`. Two of my four addresses are shown as `given to friends and family` (news to me) and only options are to delete. Have updated password for main id address which has over some weeks been heavily spammed.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

As a communications organisation bt are unbelievable, no email, all telephone help menus useless. Only recourse appears to be  setting out the full history on paper and sending by recorded delivery to a postal address in Sheffield from which, if it really exists, I have zero hope of getting a reply in my lifetime.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @woshappenin you can contact the email team using the message now facility on this link Fix email | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

having discovered that email is covered by the broadband support function at BT, I made contact via the web chat. Took 30mins or so to be connected to an actual person, who must have done something, although I'm not sure what, as I regained access to my email.

Only problem I have now that after removing my account from my iMac mail client and re-adding it, it's spent the last few days telling me it needs to download a few hundred thousand emails, which it seems to be doing at a rate of about 10 an hour!

0 Ratings