cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

webmail reloading very slowly when 1 email deleted from upper screen

As of last few days its become apparent that deleting emails forces an upper screen to be completely reloaded. It means that the systems spends an inordinate amount of time reloading the upper screen.

Ok i can drag emails singularly over to the trash folder but since a simple delete was much more intuitive it means I keep forgetting to manually move to the Trash .

I guess i'll get used to it but its damned annoying when one is just reading items.

Is this a permanent change perhaps or an error in design.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: webmail reloading very slowly when 1 email deleted from upper screen

There was a recent update to email accounts that may be causing the problem.

Try clearing your browser's history and cookies and restarting the browser. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Thanks @gg30340 for the suggestion so i tried it to no avail sadly.

I also tried in opera as well and in that case i cleared everything but still it seems to want to reload the inbox page after deleting a single email. I had noticed a few times that the screen was getting out of sync and deleting the right email on screen would occasionally delete the one above or below say. I'm guessing that the control of the screen has become problematic so rather than have it get out of sync it just reloads the whole upper screen.

I tried the same action but using the drafts folder and it seemed that the upper screen initially looked like re-pasted the screen then proceeded to delete it do the same action as the inbox. I'm guessing it did the same thing but the draft screen was not in the buffers and so i saw the repaint of the upper screen before it processed the bit that clears the screen.

I'll just have to wait and see if anyone picks up the issue. Thanks for the pointers though it was worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

BT Webmail no longer shows the email sub level folder ids.

So recently i've been having trouble using BT Webmail when i store emails under a number of levels of sub folder. At one time the folder levels were shown but recently they no longer are.

Is this a new option to no long have sub levels perhaps or is this just a bug. 

Searching for emails that may have similar titles but be stored under relevant sublevels no longer being displayed makes it particularly hard to work properly and efficiently.

(Yes i know i can use offline systems but until now I have found the webmail functions best for me.)

@NeilO, Hopefully you could get someone to investigate where the sublevels might have disappeared to. and more pertinantly are they being removed completely from webmail versions. It seems that the previous time i reported it and the levels were restored - to a degree - have been damaged again. Unless its just me of course.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@NeilO

Hi Neil I the issue in this thread is still occurring and I wondered if anyone is trying to perhaps fix or even aware of it

Any help gratefully received

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Hi, @unwina I've merged your posts as these problems may be related. I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing difficulties with your email. I'm not aware of any issues with deleting emails or the use of subfolders, I've tested both facilities on my own email there and had no issues.   

I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderators and we'll raise a case with the email team to get this looked into.

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Re: BT Webmail no longer shows the email sub level folder ids.

When you are looking for your "sub" folders are you clicking on the > arrow to the left of the "main" folder that contains the sub folder and not just the "main" folder? 

Message 8 of 12

I can see all the sub folders ok. The sub folders used to be shown in the email itself but they seem to not have the whole subfolder and more recently they have no sub folder details in the header of the email in view.

Its not the sub folders themselves it the emails stored in the sub folder. In the past any email store in a sub folder had a detail in its header part that details the sub folder it's in its no longer there in the webmail presentation of any given email.

I'm loathed to say this next bit but i will anyway - The information is there if I check out my latest backup in Mailstore so i know they exist its just that webmail seems to have stopped present them in the header part of the email. At one time they didn;t even seem to understand what a header detail of an email was but they did present at least levels 1 and 2 and skipped lower ones. I suspect the developers have made some changes recently that lost the folder info. I guess time will tell.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Sorry you've lost me. I have no idea what you are meaning or what you are referring to. It must be something that I have never noticed before or had a need for.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Sorry it is a distinctive webmail folder issue.

I am working with the support guys but in webmail the folders each have a unique name, of a fashion, and when searching for emails its helpful to have the folder names so one can find the folder its in.

The folders are shown in emails when one stores in a folder say.

\folder level1\folder level2\etc

They usually are in the header section of a stored email as follows when one looks at the email

Shakespeare <Shakey@btinternet.com>
To: myname @btinternet.com;
10/04/23 11:11
<>1 \folder level1\folder level2\etc   (between the <>1 there is a little man I think and if you click on it it used to expand I think that's what it was. Anyway without sublevel info being shown I cannot possibly find which email in what folder the answers refereto. (The have been battling with the folders and subfolder stuff for a while amongst many other things.)

Sadly if you don't use webmail with subfolders etc you will struggle.
Again its not an easy one to explain but my view is that someone has changed something and lost the folder info.  

0 Ratings