cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 67

why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT emails?

Since BT changed the appearance of the email screen, I find that the Search facility does not work.

I select the email folder I want to search, type in the date (from) and date (to), and it returns 'Nil' for every search!  Previously, the search facility worked fine in the old version.

0 Ratings
66 REPLIES 66
Message 2 of 67

Re: why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT emails?

I have tried multiple searches through various dates and various folders and the search works how it should.

Since the "new" email change have you cleared your browser's history and cookies as has been suggested by BT.

If you do decide to do that you should log out of your email account then clear the history etc and then close your browser then reopen it.

See link.

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 67

I've done all that.  Still doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 67

Which browser are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 67

Edge.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 67

I am also using Edge and as I have said it is working correctly for me.

Presumably you have checked that your folders do contain emails and they weren't "lost" when the email changed ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 67

Yes, definitely checked and definitely have emails in them.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 67

Are you able to try a different browser to establish if it is a browser problem or a problem with your account?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 67

I've tried it with Chrome - no joy there, either.

The new layout isn't an improvement in my view - the old one was far better.  In the new one, the font seems to have a life of its own when you are typing an email - you suddenly find the font has become tiny and the whole email needs re-formatting.  Also, the line spacing's up the creek - when you press Return to create a new paragraph, it looks as though there's a clear line space left between the end of one para. and the start of another, but when you look at the Sent email, there is no paragraph differentiation, the clear line has 'vanished'.

Could do better.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 67

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings