cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 61

Re: why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT emails?

It sounds like you've done as much as you can at your side @claire_marie78 

Your best bet would be to contact our email tech guys at Fix email | BT Help. They'll be able to help you with this. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 61

@DavidM  Ok thank you. I shall do that 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 61

This happens to me as well

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 61

Isn’t it frustrating!!!! Still not sorted! Beginning to wonder if it’s something else. 
but its a pain in the rear end! 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 61

I've given up on the Search facility one.  BT investigated it for me, and I cannot fault them for keeping in touch with me while they were sorting out problems with the changes to the email facility, but Search still doesn't work and to be frank, I've lost the will to keep trying.

Why they have to keep changing things I will never know, and the 'new' tweeks never, ever, ever, work properly afterwards, just cause major inconvenience to users.   

Full marks to BT for keeping in touch with me when I complained, I couldn't fault them for that, but zero marks for changing to something that doesn't work.  Strikes me it's easy money working as a so-called IT Consultant - all you have to do is to come up with changes that don't work!

Message 26 of 61

Likewise I get the server outage message every time I search.

Same result on every device (app, mobile, web makes no difference) and, yes, have logged out, deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing works.

am about to give up after 20 years using this service.

Message 27 of 61

Sympathies - I know exactly how you feel, in the end you just switch off to it.  I've tried the lot, including deleting all cookies, nothing works.

Message 28 of 61

Good morning,

I too have this same issue and I have tried different web browsers and laptops however I get the same error message.

I have urgent emails I need to access but this is impossible unless I trawl through every single message individually which would take days.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

Leanne 

Message 29 of 61

Leanne, I think from the messages on here you'll see that most of us have tried everything we can think of.  It's really now up to BT to sort it out - until they changed the system, my Search facility worked perfectly well.  Now it doesn't work at all.   It's this latest 'upgrade' that's caused the problem and it obviously wasn't test driven thoroughly before it was forced on users.  Same old story over and over again.

Message 30 of 61

Hi Paddy, I reported this to BT yesterday.  It all started after the upgrade - first with my phone and now when signed to the web.  Please could you investigate this for me,  I have reinstalled the app and cleared the cookies with no difference.  Thank you