cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

1571 with DV

Go to solution

Full fibre installed recently and everything seems to be working as it should, but whereas incoming messages used to be picked up on our Panasonic DECT system they are now being recorded by the 1571 system and are only available on the DV phone.  We have four house phones on the DECT system and wish to continue using it.  Is their any solution to this?

EDIT - ok, this point is covered in the FAQ so better see if I can do it.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: 1571 with DV

Go to solution

Hi @Earthling   

Make the number of rings on the 1571 system more than your Panasonic system so the Panasonic system picks it up first.

To do this, access your Voicemail service and select 4 from the main menu

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Plug your main DECT base station into the green phone socket on the rear of the Smarthub2 instead of the telephone wall socket. This will allow you to use your DECT phones in the same was as before you had Digital Voice.

You can easily cancel Digital Voicemail online. Go to www.bt.com/callingfeatures and click the Manage my calling features button. This will start an online order process. Put in your home number and postcode and confirm you're the BT account holder to continue.

The next screen will show any calling features that are currently on your line. To cancel Voicemail, scroll down and click the "Remove all my messaging features" radio button. Alternatively, if you'd like to keep BT Call Protect, click that radio button instead.

Click Continue to complete the cancellation order

You can also manage all your calling features (including ordering, upgrading and cancelling them) at www.bt.com/mybt.

All about Voicemail for Digital Voice | BT Help

Digital Voice: How do I set up my service? | BT Help

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Cancelling Digital Voicemail seems the obvious answer but can i do it?  Can I heck!!  My DV has been active for two weeks now but BT has failed to close the order despite twice being asked to do so so changing anything atm isn't possible.  While BT do provide a reliable broadband service it has to be said that their admin is utterly abysmal.  Just gotta hope you don't have service issues or you may end up feeling like killing someone.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

i have an unused phone socket near my hub (old answer phone is the other room ) i bought a male to male phone lead from ebay and plugged it into the phone socket at the back of the hub and into the unused phone socket then turned OFF the answering machine on my dv handset and hey presto everything is as it was before 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, I'll have another look later on, but when I first looked there wasn't an option to turn it off,  only to set the rings to short,  medium or long. Long is working but is causing problems when a message is being recorded on the DECT. It needs to be turned off completely but not possible atm.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

i can't remember how to do it , i looked on the phone and online but to no avail .(unless it was on long ring from the start ) i turned ours back on as i can dial into it when away  

0 Ratings