cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 21

Re: Additional Free Digital Voice Adapters

I had DV put in exactly a week ago and I’m retired and in my 60’s.

I have three Panasoic handsets spread around a standard two up two down.  Switch over went through in the early hours of Tuesday morning, causing no disruption at all.  The only work it involved was me unplugging the base station from the master socket and plugging it into the back of the SH2, followed by a reboot of the SH2.

As far as I can perceive, everything works exactly the same as before.  My caller display works as before.  My answer phone, (set to 5 rings), works as before.  The SH2 is even passing the rest of the internet traffic to my Draytek without any issues and performance is the same as before, (disappointingly - I was hoping it might improve).

Please don’t anyone take offense at this, I say it merely to ease the worries of the majority out there.  While the concerns about power cuts are legitimate and I accept that very old, vulnerable people and those really out in the sticks may need help, my experience suggests that for the vast majority of us, this really is a non-issue.  You won’t even notice afterwards.

My biggest gripe is that it took them 3 months from the initial email to get it done.