cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to call abroad using Digital Voice

Hi,

We just have Digital Voice setup by a BT engineer. So far it works well apart from the fact that we cannot place a call to the US to reach some family.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Lydia

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to call abroad using Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

what actually happens when you try and dial the international country code?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I get a voice message telling that the number is wrong. First I know it's right. Second I tried to ring several of my contacts who live abroad and it is the same problem every time. 😟

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Try going to MyBT > Your Products > Landline > Show More Landline Features & check that premium rate calling isn't enabled, as that seems to also bar international.

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 6

This works, had digital voice as part of a new FTTP line and couldn’t call abroad, logged into my BT on the web (not the app) and eventually found the tab for “calling features” and un-ticked the box for “International and Premium Rate Call Barring”. You can also switch of the 1571 in the list of options too.