cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Advance Digital Voice Phone (with Alexa) can't get past WPS registration

Go to solution

Can anyone on here help me?

I have 2 handsets which have been working fine for months. Then tonight Handset 1 said I have to re-register the handset via WPS. I follow the onscreen instructions (hold WPS button for 2 secs) and then 'if' it goes any further (sometimes it just repeats the request) it then asks for a system PIN to be entered. I've never set a PIN on this phone and therefor can't get any further. I've tried 0000, 1111, 8888, 1234 etc but without any success. 

This is the phone with Alexa built in. 

On the Hub Manager I've tried deregistering the handset, Resetting the base unit and whilst I can see all the phone details (firmware etc) of Handset 2, Handset 1 is blank in all fields.

I've also switched my SH2 off from the wall for 2 minutes. A few times.

Any help would be greatly appreciate as BT support have just told me to repeat all the things I've already tried.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Advance Digital Voice Phone (with Alexa) can't get past WPS registration

Go to solution

Did you also try powering off handset 2 and leaving for 5/10 minutes and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. Without sounding too dim, how do I go about actually powering off the handset (short of letting it discharge over time)? I can't see any power buttons on it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Nightman67 

To power cycle most DECT phones (including yours) you need to take the batteries out. That is if you can work out how to take the back off!

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hmmm, not ideal. They seem pretty well put together, with no obvious point where they look like coming apart. I'd probably break them. Not that I can use the handset at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Nightman67 

I don’t know if it helps but here is an extract from the BT Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built in User Guide (page 41).

B619EB0C-2126-4D15-9111-7C90D0441DFB.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Nightman67 

I just tried following the above instructions and mine came apart really easy !! That is with my frail old hands.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks so much. It looked really tightly held together but did indeed come apart nicely. That has also solved the problem. The phone is no longer asking for a PIN and has now synched to the base/hub. Thanks so much! 🙂

0 Ratings