cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Advanced Digital Voice Phone won't recognise incoming calls from contacts

Go to solution

Just a thought, if your phone is clever enough it might have something in its menus called:

"Access Digits" or maybe  "Centrix digits" (it is usually used to gain an outside line when working behind a PABX / Switchboard).

This can be a single number or a string of numbers that are automatically added to every dialled number,

So if you did have the option you could add 1470 as your access digits

Then every call made from your phone book would have the digits 1470 added 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Rather late into this thread as a newcomer to a DV phone. Although phone wont recognise incoming calls if a saved contact has a space i it or something (eg0044) at the front it successfully uses them to phone out!  Also I uploaded all my contacts to the hub  which works  fine but then found I couldn't edit them from the phone or add new ones individually, looks like I will have to maintain my own vcf file and manually add new ones to that. As mentioned this phone is really a regression on answer phones that have been around for years, not good for BTs supposed bright new modern digital systems!

Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Apologies for dragging out a very old conversation, but did you ever get this to work with your Alexa phone?

I've got a load of contacts all stored in a separate VCF file that I maintain, and then just add a  new contact and re-upload the whole thing.

Did you ever manage to get a stored number to be picked up correctly?

So for example, a mobile contact on mine looks like this in the export:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
FN:The Boss Mobile
N: ;The Boss Mobile;;;
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=cell:tel:tel\:07777123123
MEDLODY:0
ACCOUNTID:0
DFTNUM:0
OWN:0
END:VCARD

But if "The Boss" calls the phone, I just get the number displayed (yes, I really should know that particular number after 20 years, but let's not get into that).

If the end result is ... can't be done, then fine. 

Handset info:

Firmware version: X65_XX_H31046

Firmware last updated: (empty)

Hardware version: X65_XX_HW0.3

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

I didn't use a VCF file.  Post 6 solved my issue (in an awkward way) which seems to be a different issue to yours.  Mine was that the phone handset was too dumb to recognise that 1470 is a prefix that should be ignored when recognising numbers 

0 Ratings