cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

All incoming calls diverting immediately to 1571 voicemail

My 90-year-old aunt has pressed something on her phone that is diverting all incoming calls immediately to her 1571 voicemail.

It should be an easy thing to resolve, but I can't find a solution in BT's 1571 guide.

Is there an option when you dial 1571, or does she simply need to check if call diverting is set to 'on' on her handset?

Her phone is a BT Decor 2200.

This post replaces one I sent yesterday when I had mistakenly understood from her that outgoing calls were going to voicemail.

Many thanks, Richard

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: All incoming calls diverting immediately to 1571 voicemail

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for that @Keith_Beddoe 

That link works fine but almost all of the links from BT Decor 2200 | BT Help appear to be dead

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you, Les and Keith.

I had managed to source the manual too, but wasn't sure about the guidance for switching 1571 off and on, on page 15.

Do you think that means you lose the service entirely, or does 'switching on' mean that calls are diverted to 1571?

Thanks again, Richard

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@RichardJC1 

I see what you mean.

"Divert On – to switch Call Divert On" is almost certainly an instruction not a status report so if the problem is that Aunt has somehow enabled 1571 then you can expect to see "Divert Off – to switch Call Divert Off" on the display but if you select "Check Divert – to check the status of your Call Divert" then I believe I am correct in saying that you will hear a human voice (albeit digitised) to reassure you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thank you, Les.

We'll try that.

Richard

0 Ratings