cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Already on FTTP with ONT , Is Digital Voice Migration necessary .

Go to solution

Hi,

Hope someone can clear up my confusion.

I live in a new build that never had copper telephone lines (was a farmers field!!)

I have FTTP with an ONT box to which my Panasonic phone is connected.

All working fine. 

I recenetly received a text saying my new Home Hub 2 is on its way a part of DVM. Also an email saying how to send back the previous HH.  Phoned BT and one of their databases thought I was on copper but another didn't !!!

As my phone is already running over the fibre via the ONT box  do I really need to pull out my old router (which is a very configured Netgear Router  ) and  make it a slave to the HH2.   My router and ONT box are already connected to a UPS and the phone worked fine during the recent storms/power cuts.

My suspicions are that I don't need to "upgrade" to a BT router .... 

Thanks for any info.

(if it works don't change it!)

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Already on FTTP with ONT , Is Digital Voice Migration necessary .

Go to solution

Fibre voice is being discontinued, so you will have to use BT Digital Voice.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

digital voice is provide only by the SH2 so you will need to connect the SH2 to the ONT and then connect your phones to the socket on back of SH2  you can still use existing setup but need connect to SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks folk, 

Didn't realise fibre voice was being discontinued. 

https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/product-withdrawal/fibre-voice-access

Thanks again... Mike

0 Ratings