cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Answer landline on Alexa

Can BT consider offering the ability to link your landline to Alexa. 

Now BT and EE are together EE offer a way to link your mobile to Alexa to answer calls, can BT now consider offering this for answering landlines as well? Now amazon has discontinued Echo connect I would definitely sign up for this if it was offered. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Answer landline on Alexa

do you have an amazon account. if so have you installed the alexa app on your phone and registered with amazon

when on digital voice you can get digital phone with alexa built in which can connect to your account

I don't have a home phone now but when I did on DV I was able to ask alexa to make calls and it used my contacts in my mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Answer landline on Alexa

Hi

Yes I can do this, I have the app and can make calls from my contacts but what I want to do is receive them (like you can if you link an EE mobile number but using a landline number) when someone calls Alexa announces you have an incoming call from <contact name> and you can answer using your Alexa device like a hands free phone. 

I was hoping to make a product suggestion to BT now that they have joined with EE and EE offer that for mobiles can they add landlines as an option (even if only the digital voice ones as I have been upgraded to that already) but they don't seem to have a way to make suggestions that I could find. 

0 Ratings