cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT 8500 call list errors.

Go to solution

BT8500 cordless phone. Today is Tuesday. Call received Monday showed received on (today Monday) but now on Tuesday  shows as received on Wednesday. Call lists always shows correctly as a call today as today but once we move on a day appears to  show whatever day it pleases. BT says it is not a line fault must be my equipment. The had phones are 2 years old. Base is new. Old base did the same. An older handset not been used for some time picks up the same information false info as current. So it can't be the handset, can it?. Batteries are fine and all handsets are paired. I have reset the handset but problem not resolved . Help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT 8500 call list errors.

Go to solution

Time code is embedded within the incoming call CLI, so either the phone base unit is not decoding it correctly, or the exchange line card is sending a corrupted data, but I would expect that to affect the number display.

I assume you are not on BT Digital voice, and the calling number is displayed correctly every time?

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Make sure that you have set the correct year on the phone setup.

"Set the time format (12 or 24 hour), time and date. The default time format is 12 hour. You must enter the full date: day, month and year."

Page 8 on the online manual.

This issue has been raised before, a while back now. The year setting is very important, otherwise you will get the wrong day displayed.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The info is stored on the base station & then just relayed to the handsets. That's why you see "Synchronising handset data" when powering on a handset. The fact it happened on both bases proves it isn't the base.

There have been some oddities regarding CLI reported by DV users connected to a DVA. If that's you, try connecting the base directly to the SH2 & see if the issue persists.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I asked about the year settings as the base would display the day in the call log, as an offset to the original timecode received. So if the year was wrong, it would display the wrong day.

This would not affect calls received on the day.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
I have reset the date. There was an error in the year, I will not wait until tomorrow " or whatever date BT says it is". I am optimistic
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

It will be the year error that was causing the issue. If you now have the correct day, month and year stored in the base, then that will be used to calculate the offset in the call log.

That is probably the same issue with the other base unit.