cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Digital Voice Advanced Phone - Caller volume permanent adjustment?

Callers Voice volume BT Digital Advanced Phone with Alexa - is there any way to permanently increase the callers voice volume rather than having to adjust this every time. My mother has difficulty hearing but also has issues with her eyesight and finger dexterity which makes trying to adjust the volume in-call very difficult and which a one-time increased caller volume would reso

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Digital Voice Advanced Phone - Caller volume permanent adjustment?

Looking at the manual it seems the only way to change volume is during the call itself, like you are doing now, but indeed it is not permanent. Unless I am wrong of course, then someone is free to correct me!

I know it might not help but I and a family member also struggle with our hearing and what is being said sometimes too,  and we have 2 cordless phones, both from BT, that allow us to change the volume permanently.

One is the BT big button 4000 and the other is the BT everyday phone without answer machine. Of the 2, the everyday phone has the loudest volume for me. Once it is set during the call, up to a maximum of 5, using the up and down buttons, it does not have to be set again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi and thanks for your input. I agree the manual appears to suggest you can only adjust caller voice volume during a call, which really is a pain, and not really good enough. We considered buying the big button phones, but due to various impairments, we decided calling by voice would be best otherwise not really able to make outgoing calls- just need to see if someone can identify a work-around for the caller volume issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Edit: Sorry, I had a long post here suggesting using something called the Amazon Echo connect to allow your mother to use an amazon speaker as a speakerphone, but I just read that it has been discontinued 😕

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is The Totally Voice Activated Telephone though, totally voice controlled! Able to make and receive calls using just your voice.

I'm not allowed to provide an online store link as it's against the rules here, but it can be found easily via Google. It even has a volume and ringer volume switch on the side to set the volume permanently!

"This is the world's first all-in-one voice dialer phone in which one can make a call, end a call, and answer a call without the need to ever touch the phone. ---- Key features: voice dialing (totally hands dial, answer and end calls by voice command)"

0 Ratings