cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Transition to Digital Voice - Porting not properly completed

Any suggestions as to what I can do?  I have been a BT customer for almost 30 years, always with the same landline number.  This number has always been a BT number - never ported to or from another operator.  Last week BT moved me to Digital Voice.  Since then, outgoing landline calls work fine but not incoming.  If I try to make an incoming call from an O2 mobile I receive the message "Your call cannot be connected".  BT customer service agents have also tried calling from their own fixed phones and from Vodafone mobiles, which have also failed to connect.  The only incoming call which has connected successfully was from an EE mobile.  It's worth noting that the failing incoming calls do not divert to BT voicemail.   Outgoing calls all appear to be fine, including calls to check BT voicemail, which of course has no messages.

I have spent about 6 hours on the phone to various BT "Guides", "connections team" and on online chat, none of which has resolved anything.  BT also sent an engineer to check everything was connected properly, which he confirmed it was but wasn't able to offer any solution.  Various BT customer service "guides" have told me this is a problem with porting my number from the old BT network to the new BT Digital Voice platform.  They have told me they have reported the issue to the "OpenReach Porting Team" and that it will be fixed within 2-4 hours.  They tell me to try rebooting my hub after the said 2-4 hours, which I have done but the problem remains.  I have then left it 12-24 hours and tried again, still without success.

Each time, the customer service agents say they will call me back the following day to check all is working.  However, they do not, so I have to call back in to BT and start this whole merry-go-round again, each time with no success.  Meanwhile, BT closes the fault without fixing it.  I then call back, the next GUIDE I speak to confirms that the issue has not been fixed, promises it will be done within 4 hours, that they will call me back the next day etc...  but nothing is resolved.

I have raised a formal complaint online with BT, but that also does not seem to achieve anything.  After a few days, BT sends me a text message saying they believe the complaint is resolved and will be closed unless I contact a GUIDE.  I therefore contact a GUIDE and the whole process begins again.

All I want is for my BT voice service to work, as it has for the past 30 years.  I didn't ask to move to Digital Voice and I have done every step correctly.  I understand things don't always go smoothly first time, but the customer service is appalling.  What else can I do?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Transition to Digital Voice - Porting not properly completed

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

FAQs doesn't help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I notice from another thread on this community that another long standing BT landline customer like myself was moved to Digital Voice on the same day as me and is having the EXACT same problems with incoming calls (other than from EE phones), including the whole thing not getting fixed, promised call back from BT customer service that don't happen etc...  Unfortunately, it appears neither of our problems have been resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I've flagged your problem to the mods, they will post on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thank you 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @archer3

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the problems you're having receiving calls since your move over to Digital Voice.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Still not fixed 🙁

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @archer3 I can see you're details in our queue. I'm sorry it's taking us longer than usual to get back to you, we should be in touch early this week.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Fingers crossed, it seems to be working now.  It's taken 2 weeks and hours and hours of calls, online chats, engineer visit etc though.  I haven't yet been able to check that incoming calls are working from a wide range of networks, but so far so good......

0 Ratings