cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Digital Voice handsets issues.

We've been sent 2 mono DV handsets.

1 of them refuses to charge on one base doc, so we've swapped the 2 phones around.

The main issue is neither ring for incoming calls after they've been docked for a while, and they 'can't be found'

lifting them up and redocking sets off a synchronising message and the the work for a bit.

FTTP  and ONT connected.

Anyone else get this?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Digital Voice handsets issues.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

If you go to hub manager do you see your phone number and if so is it active/configured?

If so then select and you should be able to pair the phones to the SH2 DECT base station 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Yes, active, configured and 2 handsets registered.
all works fine for a bit, but then both handsets stop receiving calls, and you can't find them using find phone from the SH2
also when you pick the handset up they go 'syncing', then will work for a bit again.

wrighar_0-1700954200010.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi @wrighar   If you haven't already tried it, I would save your contacts and factory reset the SH2, and then register the phones again.  It may be worth deregister the phones first. Are you sure that the phones are fully charged. Perhaps reboot the phones by taking the batteries out.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Cant help with the rest, but not charging.

The batteries are removable in mine, I have in the past received dud rechargeable batteries from new (unrelated to the handset, for a torch or something). That is they will refuse to take a charge or show an error on my standalone recharge unit, requiring replacement from the seller (making sure the correct charger for battery type is used).

I have also had devices in the past where the contacts for the battery do not make a good contact.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

is it possible that you are moving out of range of the hub hence why phones drop connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 12

The 2 hub phones live on their charger bases,

1 6ft from the hub in the lounge,

the other 9ft vertically up in the bedroom, and never move.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

could be a battery problem from the phone only 6' away but one upstairs may be dropping connection

have you tried replacing batteries the the nearest phone - there are other posts where even though phones new the batteries would not hold charge

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I've not tried changing the batteries as they are only 3-4 months old.

I assumed they would last at least a couple of years/

0 Ratings