cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Engineer Missed Appointments

Go to solution

I have a crackling phone line and just recently my Internet has been cutting out several times in rapid succession then fine for a day then starts up again. When I check the phone line when this drop starts, it is really loud crackling. Quiet line tests very noisy. So I arranged engineer appointment for Monday 1-6pm. 

Checked fault tracker just after 1pm. Stated engineer visit complete. Nobody came. Rang to make another appointment and told engineer couldn't get to me on time. Tracker showed 'Missed Appointment'. 

Today I had another appointment arranged for 1-6pm. Everything looked good on tracker at 12.58 pm...space for engineer's contact details etc. As soon as time became 1 pm, it changed to 'Engineer Visit Complete'. Waiting for feedback. So once again I won't be getting an engineer call. If they do, I have no details on tracker to confirm who he is. (Vulnerability issue in itself). 

I can only presume that at 1pm if there are not enough available engineers to allocate to the required jobs, the unfortunate ones, like mine, are just clicked off as done. However, it would be nice to be informed. Lucky I don't have to take time off work to waste 5 hrs looking out the window. Good job I know about the fault tracker (even though it's useless). 

Presumably just before 6pm, I will be advised to make a 3rd appointment. Strangely no mention was made of my automatic compensation payment for the missed appointment when I rearranged it. 

My question is how do I know whether I will get my automatic compensation payments and is there a limit on them? I'm anticipating having to book and miss several if BT keep this lark up. I'm not even bothering to make a 3rd appointment till next week. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Engineer Missed Appointments

Go to solution

@Madmickvtx  Sometimes "Engineer Visit Complete" means they think they have found and cleared the fault that was not on your premises do not need to visit, it could also mean they have had to pass it on to someone else. Normally it will not be BT actually dealing with the problem as most will be a line fault that Openreach deal with.

Unfortunately if it is in your house's wiring it is inportant to check at the main socket to make sure it is the line otherwise BT will charge for any work they do in your house.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Madmickvtxwrote:

My question is how do I know whether I will get my automatic compensation payments and is there a limit on them?

When Openreach update the fault to show missed visit or resheduled with less than 24 hours, this triggers the BT system to apply a credit of £25.18, if for any reason after 30 days you've not had it confirmed applied, you can get in touch with the 'Help' team, they can apply the claim manually.

There is no limit on auto compensation for total loss or missed visits, more info at BT.com - Automatic Compensation 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you. That's all I wanted to know.
0 Ratings