cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Home Hub 2 with FTTP

Hi All,

I have had FTTP with a new Openreach ONT and a new BT Home Hub 2 installed today.  As part of the installation I elected to keep my existing phone number.

I also elected to keep my existing copper wire in place to my existing BT Master.

I removed my existing phone from the existing BT Master and plugged my existing phone it into the green socket on the BT Home Hub 2. 

The existing phone in the Home Hub 2 will allow me to dial a mobile phone and the mobile phone rings (and shows my existing number on the mobile caller display) but when I use a mobile phone to call my phone number the existing phone plugged into the Home Hub 2 fails to ring.  During this ringing I can pickup the existing phone plugged into the Home Hub 2 and  have a dialing tone.

I have found that when I plug the existing phone back into the existing BT Master I can make and receive calls.

Any ideas please why my existing phone won't recognise an incoming call (but will let me make an outgoing call) when plugged into the BT Home Hub 2?

Cheers

MV

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 2 with FTTP

I presume one of these will be your old number and another, your new number. I may be wrong but I don't think you can have one number over copper and then as digital voice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 2 with FTTP

If you have moved to FTTP then almost certainly you are moved to DV. your existing master and old copper will continue to work for a few days after change to DV to ensure DV working before copper turned off

If you go to hub manager do you see your phone number and active 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings