cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Number sticker

Go to solution

Hi there,

recently, I decided I would buy an orchid pbx for my mums house. (Her house is quite large) and she has 3 pstn lines. All with the same number. I linked everything up and everything is fine. I wired up the pbx using old BT sockets that I had lying around. (Most being mastersockets that I has seeing as it doesn’t seem to have any difference or any effect on the performance weather it be a master or slave.

I just wanted to ask, any previous members of bt staff, do they know what the attached sticker is called. I found it on an old mastersocket for the old line that used to be for the internet. It says circuit no (bt line no) and has the BT piper on it. 

I would like to label a lot of the extension sockets in the house. But I thought this BT One was quite cool and inferred I’f anyone knew their correct name, so I could possible ask bt I’f they have any lying around somewhere. Alternatively, if any ex bt employees/engineers may still have some kicking around in an old toolbox somewhere who would be willing to sell them/give them away. That would be greatly appreciated. I know it’s a novelty but I’m a sucker for anything with the piper on it and these stickers would be very nice and useful.

many thanks

C257772C-57F9-4D02-890A-6413E983564D.jpeg

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Number sticker

Go to solution

Suggest you ask on the Business Line forum.

I do remember these but they had no specific name. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@rsmyth492 

This is just a BT Retail Customer Forum. Openreach do any phone line installations, so you would be best asking on one of the public phone and broadband forums to see if you can get in contact with an Openreach Field Technician.

Try  https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/     forums.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Keith,

On the forum attached, it doesn't let you attach a photograph. Or maybe I'm just missing it. Any advice?
Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Suggest you ask on that business forum. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If it says Cct No it was probably from an old Private Wire circuit.

These were not part of the switched network but were point to point circuits.

They could have been used for external extensions, alarm circuits or for data networks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I know what it is, don't worry. I was wanting to know its proper name to see if I could get some more off BT.

Circut refers to your telephone line. If you dial 17070 from your landline it will say "this circuit is defined as ..." then start to read out your number. Also, on the back of an LJU4 Master Socket, which allows you to connect 2 lines, where the lines are connected on the back, each terminal will be labeled circut 1 or circut 2 respectively. Circut just refers to your phone line, your circuit at the exchange.

This label was put on by a BT engineer in July 2001, onto our new NTE5A master socket, when we got a fax line put in. This was probably standard practice if you got a new line in those days so that you knew your phone number, the date the line was installed, and the number to ring if you had any faults.

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings