cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Paragon 650 not identifying callers or recording message with BT Digital Voice

I have just been switched to BT digital voice and using handsets through the connectors supplied. My BT Decor2200 is showing caller ID but my BT paragon displays "External call" and won't record messages. I have tried both handsets in both sockets and get the same result. I was promised that existing handsets would work. Please advise.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Paragon 650 not identifying callers or recording message with BT Digital Voice

does Paragon work if connected to socket on back of SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: BT Paragon 650 not identifying callers or recording message with BT Digital Voice

There is a BT help page https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/landline-phones/corded-phones-with-answer-machine/bt-para...

Its possible that the phone does not like the CLI tone level coming out of the DV adapter, if that is what you are using.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks, the phone works when plugged into the SH2, but the hub is installed upstairs and we wish to use the phone downstairs 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

The adapter is the Digital voice adaptor provided by BT. Is there a way to sort this without buying anew phone please?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

This issue has been reported before, so it must be something to do with the way the CLI data burst is being interpreted by some phones, as normally this would occur just before the first ring.

Quite a large thread here.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Caller-ID-not-working-with-Digital-Voice-Adapter/td-p/22...

Is it possible for you to use the Paragon phone on a wired extension, which is plugged into the phone socket on the SH2. I assume the phone must have been on an extension before yo were moved onto DV?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Might be worth trying the DVA in the same room as the Hub, just to check it's not a range issue. Although if it is I'm not sure what you could do about it.

Might also be worth trying an old ADSL microfilter if you have one kicking around. The capacitor in it helps with old phones that need a ring wire, but no idea if it could help here. Nothing to lose if you have one.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thanks Keith, it is an interesting thread. Looks like a lot of people will have issues with the system not being compatible with existing handsets. We have an extension cable but it would have to go quite a distance, may end up buying a new phone.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks, will give it a go.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I asked a moderator to move the archived thread back onto this phone board, so that its more visible to forum members who may have similar issues. It may also help to identify which phones do not work properly.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Caller-ID-not-working-with-Digital-Voice-Ad...

0 Ratings