cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Response 75+ along with Call Blocking/Guardian

Go to solution

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows what would happen if I connected a BT Response 75+ to a BT 4600? Since this phone has call blocking, would the answering machine still register it as a new call or would it pick up only once the call comes on the handset?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Response 75+ along with Call Blocking/Guardian

Go to solution

Not sure why you'd want to connect an answering machine to a phone that has one already built in? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
I’m using another answering machine for extra capacity, so I can just switch one off then when the memory is full on that I can switch on the other. I’m trying to stop nuisance calls from coming through, however the Response will pick it up after 9 rings, will it still be registered as the phone ringing once I’ve picked up the phone to go to the accept/block/answer phone so it will intercept and head to the answering machine or will it pick up when it comes through as “Announced call”?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you have blocking turned on then the call will be answered by the 4600 almost immediately, certainly long before the Response kicks in. As the answering facility in the 4600 is intrinsic to the announce feature, I doubt it would work if its own answering machine was turned off. It certainly wouldn't use the Response.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I've just tested with my 8500 & even with the answer turned off, announced calls are still sent to answer.

0 Ratings