cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT8500 stopped receiving texts

Go to solution

My BT8500 has stopped receiving text messages although I can still send. I have been told it is because I do not have caller display. I have ALWAYS had caller display, particularly with this phone. Any suggestions on how to rectify this situation?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT8500 stopped receiving texts

Go to solution

are you a BT broadband and phone customer?  if so have you just moved to digital voice ?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I am now with Plusnet and text messages were ok for a long time. BT say it is because I do not have caller display (which I do) and Plusnet say contact BT!!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

As a Plusnet customer you need to contact Plusnet as this is a BT RETAIL customer forum 

https://www.plus.net/contact-us/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
I understand that answer but as it is a BT phone I thought there might be a sage(s) on this forum that could help as Plusnet is part of the BT group of companies. Obviously I was wrong in my thinking.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@UKAlfie 

Support is via the product helpdesk, however is more likely to be an issue with the Plusnet exchange equipment. I also understand that the phone text feature is being discontinued, as its not compatible with the digital phone service.

Product helpdesk information

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for the info.