cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT8600 Twin Handset 'Full'

Both my BT8600 handsets have the message 'full' on them.

When I try to access any feature on both handsets it says 'not currently available'.

If I try to make a call it says 'outgoing call not possible. Call guardian is dealing with an incoming call.' 

This has been like this for weeks and I cannot clear the phones. 

I have tried turning off / on, unplugging etc. 

Phones are unusable while these messages are coming up.

How do I clear these messages ?  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT8600 Twin Handset 'Full'

@Mrspeachy24 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Turn the power off to the base unit for about 30 seconds, that normally clears the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your response. 

Unfortunately that hasn't solved the issue 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

That is odd, as it normally clears the problem which is caused by a system lockup during an incoming call. Its been reported many times before.

Try unplugging the base unit from your phone line, and then try removing the power from the base unit again. Make sure that there are no lights showing on the base unit, to confirm that power is removed. Please confirm that it is the base (The one that your phone line is connected to.) unit that you are removing power to, and not just the handset charging base.

During the time the power is removed, the handsets should show that they are trying to connect to the base unit, which of course they would not be able to.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I seem to recall some oddities on BT phones when the Calls list is full. Try deleting the Calls List & see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for suggesting. 

I cannot do anything on the phone as it comes up saying 'not currently available' 

I can't select any menu without that message coming up

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Then I'd go for a longer power down of the base, say 30 mins, & also remove the batteries from the handsets at  the same time.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Mrspeachy24 

A total removal of power normally fixed the problem, unless the base unit is faulty.

From the user manual.

"If you need some help, call us on 0800 145 6789* or go to bt.com/producthelp"

0 Ratings