cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT8600 blocking 'phonebook numbers

All of a sudden our BT8600 has started blocking some numbers that are in the 'phone book and we have to 'press 1' to speak, is there any way that we can unblock those numbers so that they come straight through as they did a few weeks ago without being intercepted by the Call Guardian?  

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT8600 blocking 'phonebook numbers

@Mellie 

Make sure that caller display is still active on your phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your reply Keith, I assume that caller display is working as we can tell who is calling ie John Home or John Mobile, it's only just started happening.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I assume you mean incoming callers are being asked to announce themselves first?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Sorry Keith, I'm not being very helpful, yes this is incoming callers that are in our phone book so up until now they have been coming straight through without having to announce themselves.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Its possible you have accidentally blocked their number.

Look at the recent calls list and see if any of the numbers show "blocked" against them. If they do, then you will need to edit the entry.

Also if the caller withholds their number, then they will also have to announce themselves, so perhaps they have asked their phone provider to stop their number being displayed?

That will also show in the received calls, but with no number indicated.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

You say only some numbers are affected. Is the anything common to all of them, such as all mobiles/international/same are code?

Check the call blocking type hasn't changed from what you usually have it set to. For most that's probably Announce.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

The calls once accepted are displayed just as usual, I doubt if they would have done anything their end.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

They were both house phone numbers from completely different area codes, when my husband used his mobile his call came through as normal.
0 Ratings