cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Back up battery

Hi, I'm trying to find out how to request a back up battery for when I am digitalised. This is to support my wife who is categorised as vulnerable and will need access to a phone in the event of a power cut. This is to enable heart monitor readings to be downloaded and also to maintain 24 hour contact with her consultants. Grateful for any help on this. Kind regards Paul

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Back up battery

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Les,

Many thanks for the link which I'll investigate further. I was hoping that BT would provide the back up battery automatically to vulnerable individuals. I might try having a chat with customer services after the weekend. Thanks again for the help. Kind regards Paul

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Best give BT customer services a call to discuss the available options to allow calls in a powercut and the individuals situation (if they have provided you consent to speak on their behalf). This will allow BT to put in place the appropriate measures and processes based on the situation of the individual.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Jac_95 I will do that first thing Monday morning and let you guys know how I get on.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

"Will VoIP phones work in a power cut?

Unlike traditional phones, a phone connected to a broadband router will not work in a power cut, as the router gets its power from the mains.

If you rely on your landline - for example, you don’t have a mobile phone, you’re unable to use a mobile phone  or you don’t have mobile signal inside your home - your provider must make sure you are able to contact the emergency services during a power cut. This could be in the form of battery back-up so your landline will continue to work, or giving you a basic mobile phone to use in this situation."

Upgrading landlines to digital technology – what you need to know - Ofcom

0 Ratings