cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Being migrated to Digital Voice

Go to solution

I have received a letter through the post, indicating that I am being migrated to Digital Voice.

I am currently on FTTC broadband (£34) with home phone and 700 free mins a month (£8.58)

Whilst perusing the latest BT deals, all that is on offer now is Digital Voice (PAYG) for £5 or Unlimited minutes for £18 month!!

If I do nothing, except install the new router, what will happen to the price of my calls? Will I retain the 700 mins deal?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Being migrated to Digital Voice

Go to solution

The change to digital voice will not change your existing BT. Contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Oh good, because the new DV charges look like a total ripoff (although when the contract ends, I guess the silly prices will be all that's available)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

They are not DV charges. Call charges are exactly the same regardless of being DV or analogue.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Think I will drop the landline when my contract ends.

£5 for PAYG plus 20p+ a minute or £18 unlimited is just ridiculous.

I can call/video call someone via my PC/laptop for zilch, in better quality.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Well, everybody is different. Some prefer landlines, others prefer mobiles and yet others prefer all their calls to be online. 

So if you are happy to drop the landline then do so. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@techno1972 wrote:

Think I will drop the landline when my contract ends.

But don't overlook the need to inform contacts who don't have your mobile number or the cost to them of calling your mobile if they only have a landline.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.