cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband problem or handset?

Digital voice handset  - in display it says searching for hub, an d sometimes 'synchronising with hub'. I cannot make calls out unless standing right next to router. Tried the usual factory resets of handset, base and hub. Nada. BT 'tech help'  say the fact that the phone cannot communicate with the hub is a fault with the broadband which they have reported. Can this be right? BB seems to be working fine as far as connection to internet goes. Isn't this more likely to be a problem with the handset? If so, any simple  suggestions to try while I wait for them to resolve what may be a non existent BB issue?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband problem or handset?

@Sarahax 

This is a very common complaint, and its due to faulty batteries.

You can prove this by temporarily swapping the batteries to ordinary alkaline ones, but do not put it on the charger base.

If the phone works with alkaline batteries, then it proves the rechargeable ones are no good, and need replacing.

Message 3 of 5

as @Keith_Beddoe  suggested try changing the phone batteries

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/How-to-replace-batteries-in-a-BT-Advnced-Di...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Sounds like good advice... I would do this if I could figure out how to access the batteries. Any hints or links to diagram/tech sheet? It is the standard handset which BT sent out to people who signed up for digital voice.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

the link posted shows how to access batteries

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings