cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cable relocation - massive delay!

Go to solution

Hi we need to relocate a BT phone/broadband cable on my land because of building work excavation.

We’re being quoted almost 5 months for BT to come and do a survey to locate the cable and to do whatever they need to do to facilitate moving the cable. We can’t wait that long as the building work start date simply can’t be changed. It’s very frustrating to be told that, especially since one of the Openreach engineers who came to fix a fault several months ago indicated that it would be quick and easy to get it moved. He said all we’d need to do was to contact them nearer to the time of our project starting, prepare a new trench, lay in some approved ducting and they would sort out the connections. Now it seems we have to go through a lengthy bureaucratic process!

We already know exactly where the cable is located, having paid for a professional survey of all the services and we will have an experienced digger driver on site. The cable’s on our private land. Is there anything to stop us taking the engineer’s advice, setting up the new trench and ducting and then giving BT a call to come and swap over the connection?

Any advice on how best to proceed? TIA

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cable relocation - massive delay!

Go to solution

Why would BT be involved? The cables/network are the responsibility of openreach, I also don't think they'd take too kindly to you moving their property I'm afraid

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I mean BT OpenReach. Sorry not to be clear.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Purplewigged you'll need to contact Openreach as this is a customer to customer help forum for BT Retail customers. Openreach is a separate company within BT Group.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Purplewigged BT Openreach does not exist.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Ratings