cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Calamitous - 74 Year Old Mother Cannot Receive Calls - 3 Months!

My 74 year old mother has not been able to receive calls for 3 months on her BT landline from non BT/EE numbers. 

I called BT 3 months ago when I last visited her and it has still not been resolved - it is ridiculous. This is after she was completely messed around in November and her landline was completely disconnected without warning after she renewed her broadband (BT has apologised for this as family members were very worried and they cannot still contact her). I am amazed that this issue is still continuing. 

It has been passed to 'technical people' who has visited her, but they do not seem to have a clue! I mentioned the port problem on this forum 3 months ago - is it possible that a layman can spend 30 seconds Googling, but engineers are incapable of fixing it? 

I note that people here have had the same issue and it has been resolved since posting on the forum. 

Could someone please assist her? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Calamitous - 74 Year Old Mother Cannot Receive Calls - 3 Months!

@Nelson2016 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

As she is an EE customer, you need to post on the EE forum for help with this. She would now be on https://ee.co.uk/broadband/digital-home-phone

https://community.ee.co.uk/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

She is a BT customer, the direct debits are paid to BT. The problem is due to a BT port from what I have read on this Forum. The process is with BT as the Customer Care unit from BT are still contacting her. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

@Nelson2016 

No, EE are totally separate and have their own support teams to handle their VOIP service, which is not the same as BT Digital Voice.

https://ee.co.uk/broadband/digital-home-phone

Although BT own both BT Retail and EE, they still operate as separate entities.

Her analogue phone line would have most likely been disconnected when  her broadband contract was renewed, as there is a stop-sell on the old analogue PSTN network, and her phone would need to be plugged into the EE router.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

I think it is bizarre to mark this thread as "solved" It clearly isn't and playing a game of do I contact BT or EE is also not helpful. Seems like BT caused the problem and they ought to be fixing it and if OPs remark that it is with BT is correct perhaps they also recognise this.

Message 6 of 26

sorry but who supplies your mother's broadband and phone BT or migrated to EE?  who does she pay by DD BT or EE? if as you say youe mother mas moved from BT and now with EE then as @Keith_Beddoe  posted you need to contact EE.  any number porting is responsibility of the receiving ISP which in this case is EE

if moved to digital voice have you connected the phone to the socket on back of router and not the previous openreach was socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

It certainly has not been resolved. When I call from an non-BT/EE number, it states that 'this call has not been recognised, please check the number'. 

After her landline was cancelled without warning in October/November when she specifically asked for it not be cancelled when renewing her broadband (apology from BT received together with a £10 credit), she has now had to put up with 3 months of this. 

I find it incredulous that a similar issue has been posted so many times on the Forum, but nobody has been able to resolve it for her. Extended family members continue to be concerned as they have not been able to call her for 3 months. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

She pays her direct debit to BT PLC. 

"if moved to digital voice have you connected the phone to the socket on back of router and not the previous openreach was socket?" It is connected into the router and not into the socket - as I mentioned an Openreach/BT engineer has visited her and it has still not been resolved. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

@Nelson2016 

so if you mother is still paying BT then it appears not migrated to EE yet.  can your mother make outgoing phone calls?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

The BT Smart Hub 2 and the EE Smart Hub are different, so which one does she have?

0 Ratings