cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Call Diversion without access to landline

Can't find a suitable Board (usual problem when website thinks it knows better than you the reason for the post!).  BT are not alone in this.  😞

OK, my problem is I need to set up Call Diversion but I have no access to the landline I want to divert from because the phone/landline is at fault, hence the reason for the divert.  🙂

I have 'bought' the service but being told I can arrange it online it appears I can only buy it online!  How can I set up the divert witho0ut access to the landline?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Call Diversion without access to landline

@FirlandsFarm 

Are you a BT Business customer?

A free divert during a fault, can be set up by calling BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith ... No, home/personal
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@FirlandsFarm 

If you ring BT phone faults number on 0800 800 151, they should be able to set up a free divert if you have a fault.

You can remove this divert yourself, once the fault is fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

OK, thanks Keith. I have reported the fault which has been confirmed. No mention of a divert option ... I'll call them and ask. 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Its one of those things that you cannot do online, due to security issues, should anyone get hold of your BT login details.

You do have to ask, as its always assumed that you have alternative contact arrangements.

The other option, which used to be available, is an "Out Of Service" message, but I expect that many people did not want that, unless there was no alternative.

0 Ratings