cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Copper and Fibre line both receiving calls for same number

I signed up to BT in August and after the installer doing a runner in September, the fibre line was installed in October. 

Broadband has always worked overall with exception of outages, without problem. 

The phone line however did not work and then the fibre/BT digital would only work on outgoing then incoming calls and it was found that the copper line was still fully connected and working.

For the two months we have our original phone number and both our copper and fibre lines have been able to make calls but only receive one either line but not both lines at the same time. We do not know which line will ring when someone calls.

Any advice as the BT engineers do not want to go to the exchange as originally stated but BT customer services want to resolve issues remotely, by re-number, etc but not resolve the copper line issues. 

Interestingly, I do not seem to be charged for making calls on the copper line.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Copper and Fibre line both receiving calls for same number

@shah312 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I have asked a moderator to look into this odd issue. They should post here.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Copper and Fibre line both receiving calls for same number

Hi @shah312 I'm sorry you're having problems with your line. It sounds like the number hasn't ported over to digital voice correctly. If that's the case it shouldn't need an engineer but I'll need to take a look to understand this better and figure out a solution. 

If you reply to the private message I've sent the moderation team will be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings