cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 170

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

The few calls I've had the past week appear to have shown up OK, but I doubt any system changes have been made - just got lucky. BT need to make a statement that they have done something and to say it is fixed, better still, how about BT admitting to the fact that they made a change for this to have happened.
Message 132 of 170

Thanks Swatty. So I'm assuming that you have caller display and all the caller displays have shown up on call protect received calls? Do you use Do Not Disturb feature? So I do for certain hours of the day and then a call won't show on caller display or 1471 if you call it. Then if it fails to show on call protect you wouldn't even know. I tried this yesterday. DND was on I called from my mobile. Nothing showed up anywhere. Tried a 2nd time and the number showed on call protect calls received. But obviously not on caller display or 1471.

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 170

Hi Clarkatron, 

I do have caller display on my phone which shows all my incoming calls, including those that don't appear on Call Protect but I don't use Do Not Disturb so I can't comment on that. 

Having said only a couple of days ago that all my calls had been appearing, one I received yesterday did not so I feel really annoyed. I assume if BT had acted after our exchanges with the moderators it would have been fixed by now so it looks as if that isn't going to happen.

Message 134 of 170

Where do we go from here? Anyone got any suggestions? 

0 Ratings
Message 135 of 170

I just hope the mods keep reading the thread and see we aren't happy with the performance.  Is there any other forum, that has a bigger catchment that we could gather more evidence, etc.   At the moment, it seems like it's about 4 or 5 of us recognising the problem, so not a lot of pressure on BT to do much.

Message 136 of 170

Swatty can I ask what landline deal you have? I have Home Phone Saver 2020 taken out years ago. Always used to be 21.99 per month. Now this year it's gone up to 22.86 after being the same for years. 

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 170

Hi Clarkatron,

I have a PAYG landline deal which is about £2 per month (it's not itemised on my bill). If I don't call out on the landline I pay nothing for calls but there is a charge for having the PAYG service. BTW I do also have broadband and TV with BT which cost rather more per month!

Message 138 of 170

Thanks Swatty! How is life in Princes Risborough? Thanks for the info. Obviously you'd pay a line rental in addition to PAYG. BT only offer a couple of landline only deals now. And still no word about call protect!

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 170

Pretty hot here in PR and it'll be even hotter tomorrow, I gather. As you say, no further word on Call Protect. It's clearly not any kind of priority for BT...

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 170

I've come to the conclusion this so called "Community" is all a bit useless. I've just had sarcastic comments re another post. And I've spotted others where other people posting questions get ridiculed. Jargon is often then used to confuse us! Thinking about unsubscribing. Just left a scathing review in particular surrounding our ongoing battle here and names involved of our supposed "experts"! 

0 Ratings