cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 176

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

Hi All,

I had a reply from NeilO one of the Moderators. He said I'm so sorry this is still ongoing. I've chased it with the team responsible for the call protect service and they are escalating the fault with our incident management team to try and get them to coordinate a resolution. 

I've had two calls missed by CP since his message so we can only wait and see if anything changes. 

I've asked Neil to keep me informed and I'll let y'all know if/when he gets back to me.

Message 152 of 176

Thanks Swatty. Have you read the comment to you from the new contributor? He says we should escalate to someone like Martin Lewis as this is BT not providing a service we are paying for. It's also impacting the elderly and vulnerable. BT should be refunding what we  have paid while they are not providing the service. I think it needs escalating to some consumer rights  companies. Ofcom is also one we should contact. Thoughts please.

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 176

Yes, I did reply to him and I said I think part of the problem is that we are not paying for Call Protect, it is a free service. However if anyone wants to escalate this using Martin Lewis or any other social media device, particularly if they have contacts in any of them, I'm happy to go along with it.

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 176

Sorry Swatty. Just caught up with your good response to our new addition! 

0 Ratings
Message 155 of 176

Hi swatty,

You say its free - BT include it in the Call Package as it's good marketing. The cost of maintaining it would have been factored in when BT calculated the package cost for customers.

I'm 100% sure  BT would deal with it should it get bad publicity in the news media. Also, if competitors saw the issues that they would use it against BT.    

Just had a thought - I was getting very bad service  from a large company that wasn't dealing with an emergency repair. So, I posted an extremely bad review ion TrustPilot. A member of their staff who "reviews" TrustPilot comments, picked it up and contacted me directly.  Long story short, they liaised with the senior management, forwarded my complaint which I had listed in date order with full details of the failures each step of the way. Also, told them had sent it to the MP for that area and the government agency responsible for this company. Got the results I wanted.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 156 of 176

Hi Michael,

BT are certainly not rushing to sort our Call Protect issues and it sounds as if you are a dab hand at using the likes of Trust Pilot etc to great effect so do go ahead and make our issue known to them. Perhaps making the problem more public will prompt BT to take kit more seriously!

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 176

Totally agree, whilst it is 'free' it is built into our service from BT, so there is a cost and we should expect better from BT.  By all means publicise the issue and the lack of proper engagement from BT. (we appear to be a minor irritant to BT at the moment).

With the issue of call number not being available to be blocked manually, I did wonder if this was anything to do with the system i.e. if a particular number is blocked by enough people it becomes globally blocked by BT on Call Protect, so it essentially doesn't exist.  

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 176

Perfect example of why Call Protect not dealing with spam..

Received call from this number 01904935xxx  (must not use real phone numbers)

Using 1572 entered ‘1’ but BT said number is unrecognisable and should use option 3 from person settings to send unrecognisable numbers to your junk voicemail

So, using 1572 went to Personal settings option 3

All is offers for sending incoming calls to your Junk voicemail is

Option 1 “Withheld numbers” or  option 2 “International numbers”

DOES NOT OFFER SENDING unrecognisable calls to junk voicemail!

So, BT message is totally wrong. Why oh why DO THEY NOT TEST THEIR SOFTWARE

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 176

Hi,

You can block the call manually by Logging into My BT and Managing Call Protect to ADD the number manually to you block list.  (I did this today to add the number I mentioned above).

This, I suspect, will be something that a lot of customers will not have the knowledge to do.

0 Ratings
Message 160 of 176

Logging in to My BT and going in via managing Call Protect and Your Recent Callers to select 'Add to Blacklist' is how I have been attempting to block numbers for some time. It still comes back to the same problem though; if Call Protect has not picked up the number it does not appear on 'Your Recent Callers' so cannot be added to your blacklist. So frustrating.

0 Ratings